Who we are
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:19
Mount Olive Baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
We desire that all of those who are regular attenders of Mount Olive will be be able to grow in faith and maturity as disciples of Jesus Christ
Our Core Values
- A Commitment to the Word
- A Passion to Reach a Lost World
- A Plan/Path to Make Disciples
- A Heart for Christian Community
- Glorifying God in Corporate Worship
These Core Values are driven by our belief that:
- The Bible is the authoritative, inerrant, and inspired Word of God and therefore our standard for truth and obedience
- God's people must be about Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- We must be dependent on God for every area of our lives
- We must be a Praying People, trusting that individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- The church should be equipping believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Our Greatest Call is to Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
Where we come from
Mount Olive was formed by two mission minded brothers in 1827 to meet the spiritual needs of a small group of Baptist believers in the Molena community. This church has served as mother church to several in our community including, Molena Baptist, Neal, and Elkins Creek.
In 1962 MOB hired its first full time pastor Bob Williams who served until his retirement in 1998 after 36 faithful years of service. Since then the church has had two other pastors, Bill McCabe and Mark Harris. Mount Olive has a strong history of being a kind, caring fellowship with a strong family bond. We hope to continue this spirit of fellowship as long as God allows us to continue to meet together.
For nearly 200 years this church has been used by God to share the hope of the Gospel with it's surrounding community and abroad. We pray that the Lord will continue to use us for this purpose until He comes to gather His church.
What this means for you
What does this mean for you? Most importantly, you're always welcome at Mount Olive. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you're at in your faith journey, you'll always be accepted as part of the MOB family.
Beyond that, if you're ready to plan your first visit, click here. If you want to learn more about our beliefs as a church, click here. Or if you'd simply like to get in touch with a person on our lead team directly, click the button below.